Welcome to my Blog

Creative Glass Art by Jeannie Cox

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Worked on Eyes again today


Hi All,
I worked on more eyes today.  Some of these may be more difficult than I thought.  Some of these eyes are only supposed to be 2mm round - - now that's teeny!!  Wow!  I think my smallest murrini eye stringer is about 2 or 2.5mm round so that when I go to make the eye, rounding it out would make it more like 3 to 4mm.  Unbelievable!!
Anyway, I will try my best, but for now, the eyes are on hold until I receive my "sequin pins" which I am supposed to use instead of the regular jewelry headpins I currently have been using (those headpins are pretty whimpy and I think that's where I am having trouble melting the eyes to the round shape - - got to be very careful not to melt the pin, too!).  The sequin pins are thicker, I believe - and hopefully a little sturdier.  We will see.  The order shipped out today so I should have them early next week, hopefully.  I will keep you posted.

I will also leave you with a couple of links to cool artists who actually use these types of eyes in their polymer clay sculpture work - - they look awesome!!  So realistic, some of these are, aren't they?  Wow!

http://www.littlepooh.com/
http://www.irresistables.com/category/ashton_drake/

1 comment:

  1. holy cow, 2mm is teeny tiny! what a cool challenge, the dolls and fairies are so realistic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete