Welcome to my Blog

Creative Glass Art by Jeannie Cox

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Flowers For Fall

Been experimenting a little as I am trying to get back into a regular torch routine.  The weather is cooler now here in AZ (as least at night) and whether I have neck pain or not, I have to get back on the torch.

I have been playing with an old flower design I tried years ago - - think they look pretty cool.  I did not invent this design, tho, and I am not sure who did.  I have seen a few beads like these floating around from different
artists.  I am not sure if I make these exactly like others do since I figured this out myself, but they look similar to others I have seen out there.

I am hoping to get some of these online as pendants soon.  I will string them on a headpin with small beads and/or crystals and attach a spring ring so that these could be easily strung onto a corded or chain necklace, a key chain, bookmark, chain-pull, sun-catcher hook, etc.
 I am heading to the chiropractor again this Friday and I am hoping my neck issue begins to improve as it has been, altho too slow for my taste.  As for now, I can only torch for a few hours before the tingling and pain shooting down my arm from my pinched nerve starts being too much to handle.
Wish me luck and I hope you enjoy these floral beads as much as I enjoy making them.  I am also planning on making a set of these, but am trying out different color combos to find my favorites (so far, I really like the orange and aqua one).

No comments:

Post a Comment