Monday, November 11, 2013
I had high hopes, too, since the first eye I created for this year's shows turned out pretty dang good . . . (above picture).
So . . . I was confident and ready to go. But, alas, the universe didn't feel the way I did. My first DE cracked right at the end of an excruciating 2 hours at the torch. Not to be deterred, I took a break and then tried again. The second one came out alright, it's a keeper, but it didn't look "superb", which is what I really wanted the eye to be. Oh well. There is always tomorrow. . .
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
But, I haven't been just slacking here. I have been torching almost daily, but not for full production days and not for specific pieces, mostly just making whatever comes to mind at the time, which is nice.
I have also updated my webpage with upcoming shows for 2014, and I also added a tutorial page which lists all my current YouTube tutorials with links to each one. Here's a link to that specific page . . .
I have started production for the 2014 year already, and decided to start with my most time-consuming and challenging pieces, my Dragon Eye pendants. These are what the final pendants look like, in case you haven't seen them before. They are large pendants, averaging about 2.5" long.