I have been torching every day recently, keeping myself busy and doing what I love to do. I have been working on inventory for my shows starting in early January and of course, I started with the hardest and most time-consuming pieces that I make (just to get them out of the way!). These are my Dragon Eye pendants and they take several stages to make as well as 2-3 hours for each one. Needless to say, I usually cannot make more than 2 per day, but sometimes I am extremely productive and make 3 or 4 (those are looooong torching days!).
I am running out of the clear and black I use for the bases of these guys, so I might have to move onto other things, at least for now - - but I have quite a few done, so I am happy (I have a few more that are not in this picture, too!) :)
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Been working on production pieces for my upcoming shows starting in early January, but got sidetracked with some orders (always welcome, especially this time of year!) and also was playing around with some boro tubing and making some ornaments for the holiday.
I have been taking a boro class at the Mesa Art Center here trying to learn a few things, mostly about tubing and blowing, which I don't have a lot of experience with (yet!), altho I do know the basic concepts. It's nice to be able to work on tanked oxygen and really rage my torch. I am limited at home by the oxy-con's pressure so I cannot go as big or as fast as the tanked oxygen. It was still much fun making these ornaments at home, tho, and gave me a lot of experience with tubing, blowing and shaping. These above are just a few of the many (probably over 30) ornaments I made.
Now, back to my production . . .