Welcome to my Blog

Creative Glass Art by Jeannie Cox

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Such a nice day . . .





Such a beautiful day out here in AZ. It has recently been summer-hot here, but yesterday and today it has cooled down. It's in the 70's, breezy and partly cloudy. Oh such a lovely day! My doors are open, my doggies are snoozing, the house is quiet except for the brief, brisk breezes that whistle through the open doors.
What's missing in this almost perfect picture? My torch! UGH! Still have not completed my new vent hood to I can get back to work. It's getting close, though. Pretty soon I will be able to go back and start melting and molding glass.
I have been thinking a lot about what I will do when I get back to the flame. I want to work on murrini (little slices of glass that have a design or picture in them - above shots), working on developing cool silver-effect beads, small sculptural pieces (animals, faeries and such), implosion beads and marbles, etc. I have a looooonnng list of what I "want" to do and then there's the list of what I have to do - - I really have to match up all my left over rod ends and fuse them back together so that I don't keep getting new fresh, full rods (which will eventually become short, stubby rod ends like all the rest I have). That's a project in itself, probably could last me a few days.
Oh well, we will see when I finally get back to it. I wonder what I'll do first (I am starting to get as giddy as a kid on Xmas morning just thinking about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment