Welcome to my Blog

Creative Glass Art by Jeannie Cox

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Experiments in Silver Colors






Hi All!

Been working on some new experimenting (besides the eye thing) and playing around with Iris Gold and Striking Color to create cool, boro-looking silvered beads - - but doing it in soft glass.

I am surprised at some of the effects I am achieving and having much fun with it.  I hope to do more experimenting in the future and make some really unique items!  Most of the beads shown here I am donating to Beads of Courage along with other beads I will be making in the near future.  I also have a plan to make a lot of "stringer" beads - making many different designs, dots, etc. and getting rid of a lot of my stringers I have laying around here.  Those will also go to BOC.

Can't wait to get on the torch again tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. They do look like boro - cool! I am loving all the colors. I like the new background on your blog too Jeannie.

    ReplyDelete