Welcome to my Blog

Creative Glass Art by Jeannie Cox

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pretty Flowers


   I haven't make flower beads in ages, it seems.  Actually, it's been about 3 or so years, with just an occasional flower order here and there by request.  I wanted to see if I could actually still make them decently since I haven't for so long.

   When I first started working in soft glass, making beautiful flower beads was one of my main goals.  After conquering the design of encase floral bead and also raised floral beads, I started to move onto other techniques and designs.  That, along with the multitude of other artists already making floral beads, I thought it would be good to come up with other designs, totally unique to me.  So, after a few years, I have created Dragon Eye pendants, Dragon Hearts, Faerie Beads, shark teeth, fangs, space pendants, implosion pendants, etc, and have gained various skills and experience along the way.
   So, I decided to try flowers again, making a full circle, and maybe I can come up with a unique flower bead design all of my own.  Who knows??  I will be working on this, among other things, too, and we will see what happens down the road - - I love glass!  So many possibilities . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment